Click on the title in this list of our maritime books for more information:
- Bishop Rock Lighthouse, Elisabeth Stanbrook, £6.50
A heroic tribute to Victorian engineering, and still vital today.
- T R Brown of Bristol, Captain Stephen Carter, £12.50
A remarkable tale of a family's maritime enterprise.
- Cosens of Weymouth; 1918 to 1996, Richard Clammer, £20.00
The Wessex coast's principal paddle steamer operator.
- Devon's Lifeboat Heritage, Nicholas Leach, £4.50
A full account and guide to this vital service.
- Douglas Head Ferry & the Port Soderick Boats, Captain Stephen Carter, £8.50
Tourist transport in the Isle of Man.
- The Furzebrook Railway, Chris Legg, £18.00
Pike Bros built and operated a fleet of barges and tugs to Poole harbour.
- Longships Lighthouse, Elisabeth Stanbrook, £6.50
The history of the iconic lighthouse, standing sentinel off the rocks of Lands End.
- Lundy Packets, Mike Tedstone, £15.00
Full account of the historic mail boats serving Lundy Island.
- Paddle Steamer Kingswear Castle and the Steamers of the River Dart, Richard Clammer & Alan Kittridge, £14.00
The historic Kingswear Castle is steaming again on her home river.
- Rendel's Floating Bridges, Alan Kittridge, £10.00
A successful alternative to a fixed bridge, Rendel's invention was used throughout the United Kingdom.
- Sail and Steam in the Plymouth district, by Alan Kittridge, £14.00 Reduced price
One hundred years of photographs of local shipping off the South Hams and east Cornwall coasts.
- Steamers & Ferries of the River Tamar & Three Towns District, Alan Kittridge, £14.00 Reduced price
Much loved ferry and steamer services that once crowded the waterways of Plymouth.
Cornwall's Heritage series:
Good books from Twelveheads since 1978