MINING & INDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGY
Click on the title in this list of our books for more information:
- Called Home : The Dartmoor Tin Miner 1860-1940, Tom Greeves, £16.00
Images and recollections of Dartmoor's high moorland tin industry.
- Caradon & Looe, Michael Messenger, £16.00
The story of the canal, railways and mines of Caradon Hill.
- Cornish Milestones, Ian Thompson, £18.50
The development of Cornwall’s roads in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Fayle's Tramways, Chris Legg, £16.00.
Clay Mining in Purbeck - Two Hundred Years, Six Different Gauges
- The Furzebrook Railway, Chris Legg, £28.00. LIMITED STOCK
Completing the story of Purbeck's clay railways
- Inclined Planes in the South West, Martin Bodman, £15.00
A well illustrated gazetteer of over 200 locations
- North Devon Clay, Michael Messenger, £18.00
The story of the North Devon ball clay industry.
- The Redlake Tramway & China Clay Works, E. A. Wade, £8.00
The life and times of a Dartmoor enterprise.
- Slate Quarry Railways of Gwynedd, Michael Messenger, £14.00
A photographic record from the 1960s and 70s of North Wales' slate quarries.
- The Snailbeach District Railways, by Andy Cuckson, £30.00
Lead mining in Shropshire and the railway that served it.
- South West Stone Quarries, by Peter Stanier, £18.00
Building stone quarries in the West of England and how they have evolved.
- Heritage Series guides
From our Cornwall's Heritage series...
- Cornwall's Mining Heritage, by Peter Stanier £4.50
- Cornwall's Geological Heritage, by Peter Stanier £4.50
- Cornwall's Industrial Heritage, by Peter Stanier £4.50
- Cornwall's Bridge & Viaduct Heritage, by Eric Kentley £4.50
- Cornwall's Communications Heritage, John Moyle £4.50
Compact but fact-filled guides. 48 pages, many illustrations. A5.
Good books from Twelveheads since 1978